Original tourism pamphlet for the Battle of Gettysburg Panorama which was located in Chicago. In 1879 the National Panorama Company along with a number of investors commissioned artist Paul Philippoteaux to begin work on a cyclorama of the Battle of Gettysburg. A year and a half later the project was finally completed with the finished painting measuring nearly 100 yards long and weighing in at 6 tons! The displayed opened to the public in 1883 to critical acclaim and receiving favorable views from both veterans and generals who had participated in the battle. The cyclorama remained in existence until 1894 when it is believed it was destroyed during a storm. This one is approximately 30 pages and contains a map of the Gettysburg battlefield, a large fold out display of the cyclorama as well as a brief history on the battle and a complete roster of the Federal Army present at the battle. The back page lists an advertisement for artificial limbs. Overall condition is good although delicate.